Unpaid carers, who have not yet received or been contacted about their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, should register for an appointment now. You can register online before Sunday 25th April here: https://www.nhsinform.scot/carersregister
From Monday 26th April, the online registration will be closed but you will still be able to register via the COVID-19 Vaccination Helpline on 0800 030 8013.
The closure of the online registration is to prevent people under the age of 30 being allocated to the wrong clinic type by the automated system.
You are eligible for a vaccine as an unpaid carer if all of the following statements apply to you:
- You are 16 to 64 years old;
- You provide face-to-face care and support to one or more family members, friends or
- The care you provide is not part of a contract or voluntary work;
- If caring for someone under 18, they are affected by a disability, physical or mental ill-health, developmental condition or substance misuse; and
- You have not already received your first COVID-19 vaccination or vaccination
National Carer Organisations (NCOs) have produced an updated version of their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the vaccine here: COVID-19 Vaccine – Carers FAQ