Do you look after a family member or friend who relies on your support because of an illness or disability? This could be a grandparent who is physically frail, a friend with a chronic illness or a child with additional support needs. If this describes your situation, we may be able to help you.
Carers of East Lothian (CoEL) is an independent charity that supports unpaid carers, including people with unpaid caring roles who have recently arrived in East Lothian from Ukraine. All of our services are FREE to unpaid carers and we welcome self-referrals.
Our experienced carer support workers can:
- Provide you with information relevant to your caring situation and help you to navigate the health and social care system
- Talk to you in confidence, offering a listening ear, emotional support and access to a specialist counselling service for carers
- Help you to identify and apply for welfare benefits, grants and other financial support that you or the person you care for may be entitled to
- Help you to access a break from caring and to create a support plan that identifies your needs an a carer (Adult Carer Support Plan)
To access our support:
- Call us on 0131 665 0135 (10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday)
- Or email us at email@example.com
- Or complete the online self-referral form on our website: https://coel.org.uk/contact-us/online-referral-form/
Please reach out for support if you, or anyone you are hosting, is an unpaid carer in East Lothian.