Emergency care services are operating throughout the festive period.
Emergency Social Work (East Lothian Council)
For emergency social work support out of office hours (including evenings, weekends and public holidays) please call 0800 731 6969.
Please note that calls to the contact centre (01875 824 309) will be diverted to emergency social work over the public holiday weekends:
- Friday 25th to Monday 28th December 2020 inclusive
- Friday 1st to Monday 4th January 2021 inclusive
Housing Emergencies (East Lothian Council)
- Housing Repair Emergencies only: 01875 612 818
- Homeless Hotline: 0800 169 1611
Urgent Health or Dental Care
In a life-threatening emergency please call 999
If you need urgent advice or assistance in a situation that you do not think is life-threatening, please call NHS 24 on 111 first, day or night.
The service can also help if:
- you are in mental distress
- you think you need A&E but it’s not life threatening
- you need urgent health or dental support and your GP or dentist is closed
Further information about the service is available here: NHS 24 Scotland