Carers Scotland and Carers Trust Scotland have made a joint statement regarding the coronavirus or COVID-19.
The key messages for carers are:
- Follow core public health advice;
- Follow hygiene and infection control guidelines;
- Plan for contingencies and check with the local authority what the emergency plan is;
- Make the most of networks now – family, friends and neighbours, and your local community organisations – to plan for “what if”;
- Make sure you have key information to hand about the person you care; and
- Make the most of technology to keep in touch with the person you care for and to help them keep in touch with others.
For the latest information, please check the Carers UK coronavirus webpage https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
You can read the full text of the joint statement, which includes messages for services, staff and employers here: COVID_19_joint_Carers_Scotland_Carers_Trust_Scotland_PDF